The Chao Phya Abhai Raja Siammanukulkij Foundation
Objectives of the foundation:
- The main guideline of the foundation is to make the dreams of underprivileged youngsters come true.
- Promote and use art as a mean of creating revenues for the poorest youngsters of the north of Thailand.
- Encourage exchanges of cultures, inside Thailand and especially between foreign countries and Thailand (whenever possible), in creating artistic or musical projects and events to the benefit of the poorest youngsters of the north of Thailand.
- Help with or provide scholarships, or set up educational projects intended to those who lack opportunities.
- Organize events which will create awareness of the living condition of the poorest youngsters of the north of Thailand.
- Only make projects to the benefit of the younger generations who really lack opportunities, and especially focus on the disadvantaged hill tribes.
- Concentrate on high quality projects for limited groups of students, rather than lower quality projects for large numbers of youngsters.
- Promote the good and friendly relations between the Kingdom of Thailand and the Kingdom of Belgium.
- Maintain the good reputation, as well as the memory of the achievements of Chao Phya Abhai Raja Gustave Rolin-Jaequemyns in Siam.
- The foundation is established to cooperate with the Rotary Club of Maechan and the Rotary International in projects which are in line with the foundation’s objectives.
- The foundation is established to cooperate with other charity organizations in operating any activities of public interest, which are in line with the main objectives.
- The foundation shall not involve with any political nor religious activities.
Funding of the foundation:
The Chao Phya Abhai Raja Siammanukulkij Foundation is privately financed by it founders.
Activities are planned in concert by the founders of the foundation and are adequately funded.
However, over the time, the founders, board members and partners of the foundation have been encouraged in their task by spontaneous donations from the corporate world, such as TMB and ING Banks, Padaeng Industry or Taweeheng Leasing, as well as several private donnors.
Funds provided by additional donnors can allow the foundation to increase its activities, or enter new projects suggested by the benefactors themselves. While the future of the activities of the Chao Phya Abhai Raja Siammanukulkij Foundation does not depend on extra donations, these donations are always welcome and seen as a great encouragement for everyone involved.